Kakdichi Bhakri / Kakdiche Thalipeeth (काकडीची / तवशाची भाकरी) – Cucumber Chilla / Pan Cake
This is a Goan / konkani breakfast dish. This is generally made using Tavashe (big cucumber). But you can also make it using cucumber that is generally available.
Grated cucumber 2 cup (preferably use a fine grater)
Wheat Flour 1.5 cup
Rice flour ½ cup
Jaggery crushed 1 tablespoon
Green Chilly paste 1 teaspoon
Tamarind dry pulp ½ teaspoon or buttermilk 2 tablespoon
Turmeric powder (Haldi) ¼ teaspoon
Fresh scraped coconut 1 tablespoon
Coriander chopped ½ tablespoon
Cumin Seeds (Jeera) Powder ¼ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil / Ghee / Clarified Butter 1 tablespoon
1. Mix all ingredients except oil/ghee / clarified butter in a bowl. Add water released by cucumber also.
2. Add water as required and mix to get a consistency thicker than Bhajia batter / Cake batter
3. Heat a flat non stick griddle. Sprinkle little water on griddle to reduce the temperature.
4. Put 2 spoonful of batter on the griddle, take little water in the hand and spread the batter evenly by using the fingers.
5. Cover it with a lid and cook on medium flame.
6. After 2-3 minutes, put a few drops of oil/ghee/clarified butter on thalipeeth and flip it over.
7. Cook both sides to get light brown colour. Serve hot with Ghee / Butter / Clarified butter. This delicious Thalipeeth tastes good without Ghee / butter also.