Broccoli and Spinach Soup
There are different recipes available on net for this soup. But I wanted an easy one with available ingredients. So made my own recipe. Soup turned out very rich, yummy and creamy.
Broccoli Florets 1 cup
Palak (Spinach) tender stem 1 cup (You can use Spinach leaves also)
Butter / Ghee (Clarified Butter) ½ teaspoon
Onion 1 small
Garlic Cloves 3-4
Black Pepper powder as per taste
Salt to taste
Fresh Cream for serving (optional)
1. Wash, clean and chop Palak stems. Cook in microwave for 4 minutes on high power without lid. If you are using Palak leaves, cook them in similar way. If you don’t have Microwave, steam Palak in a pan with little water till it’s tender.
2. When cool, blend cooked stems/leaves into a smooth puree
3. Wash Broccoli florets and steam them in microwave for 4 minutes on high power. Close the steamer with a lid while cooking. Do not overcook Broccoli. Florets should just be soft. Leave it to cool. If you don’t have Microwave, steam Broccoli in a pan with little water till it’s tender. Do not overcook.
4. Give 2 perpendicular slits to onion and cook in microwave for 1 minutes. After cooling peel it. I you don’t have microwave, pressure cook onion.
5. Keep aside a few Broccoli florets for garnishing and blend the remaining along with onion into a paste. Add water if required while blending
6. In a Sauce Pan, add Palak paste, Broccoli paste and salt. Add water to get required consistency.
7. Boil for 7-8 minutes.
8. Add black pepper powder.
9. In a ladle, Heat ½ teaspoon of butter / ghee on low flame. Add Garlic pieces and fry till light brown. Pour this in the soup pan.
10. Delicious and healthy Broccoli Spinach soup is ready. Garnish with Broccoli florets and fresh cream and serve hot.