Bitter Sweet Coffee Paratha – Indian Bread stuffed with Bitter Sweet Coffee filling
I learnt this recipe from my friend. This is a very different kind of paratha that has a filling of instant coffee.
Coffee lovers will like this bitter and sweet parathas. It does not require many ingredients and can be a good breakfast / snack option. My family loves it. I make it often.
Ingredients (for 7-8 parathas)
Rusks (Toasts that you get in bakery) 4 big size / 6 medium size
Instant Coffee powder 3 teaspoon
Bura sugar / Powdered sugar 5 teaspoon (adjust as per taste)
Milk 2-3 teaspoon
Salt 2 pinch
Wheat Flour for 7-8 parathas
Oil for dough
Ghee (clarified butter)/ oil for roasting parathas
1. Crush rusks; add coffee powder, powdered sugar and a pinch of salt.
2. Add little milk at a time and mix. Make a mixture not too wet but you should be able to spread it easily. If it’s too wet, it will come out while rolling paratha.
3. Bind dough for Paratha. It should not be too soft.
4. Take a dough ball – little bigger than a big lemon.
5. Roll it into a circular shape (a big puri).
6. Spread a teaspoon of coffee mixture of the puri evenly.
7. Sprinkle some dry wheat flour over it.
8. Make a tight roll of this puri and then make a spiral. Seal the side of the sprial.
9. Roll the spiral into a little thick paratha.
10. Roast both sides on a non stick griddle using a few drops of ghee.
11. Serve with home made butter or ghee. It tastes super yummy.