Samo Sago Dosa / Farali Dosa – Samo Sago (Tapioca) Crepe
This dosa is made with Vari Tandul (Samo Rice / Bhagar / Mordhan) and Sabudana (Sago seeds / Tapioca Pearls). A friend had shared this recipe with me. I tried it with little variation. It makes nice crispy dosas. I’d added Ginger, green chillies and chopped coriander in the batter. If you don’t eat these for fasting, skip these and add Jeera (cumin seeds). Try this out for your next fast. I’m sure you will like it.
Ingredients (for 10-12 dosas)
Vari Tandul / Samo Rice / Bhagar / Mordhan 1 cup
Sabudana / Sago seeds / Tapioca Pearls ½ cup
Finely chopped Ginger 1 teaspoon
Finely chopped Coriander 1 tablespoon
Crushed Green Chillies 1 teaspoon
Curd 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Ghee (Clarified butter)/ Oil for greasing while making dosa
1. Wash and soak Vari Tandul and Sabudana separately for 6-8 hours
2. Drain water. Grind together along with curd into a smooth paste.
3. Add ginger, crushed chillies, coriander and salt. Mix and keep for 30 minutes.
4. Check the consistency of batter. It should be watery like Rava Dosa / Crepe batter. If required, Add water to get the required consistency.
5. Heat a FLAT non stick Griddle. Griddle should be steaming hot. Keep the gas on high flame. Pour a ladle full of batter on Griddle evenly to form a thin layer. You cannot spread this batter on Griddle. Now turn the gas to medium flame. Cook till the dosa dries on the top. Spread some ghee/oil. When the dosa turns brownish, you can either flip it and cook the other side or take it out for serving. Crispy dosa is ready.
6. Serve hot with Potato subji and / or Chutney of your choice.