After sharing Apple Pulav, now it’s time for Apple Curry. Apple season has just started. So make it most fruitful by trying various recipes using Apple. I was little skeptical about using Apple in curry. But it turned out to be awesome. Although, the list of ingredients is little long as compared to my other recipes, all these ingredients are generally available in Indian kitchen and it’s very easy to make this curry. If you want to try something different, try this out. I’m sure you will like it.
Apple 1 Big size
Onion 1 medium
Tomatoes 3 medium
Cinnamon (Dalchini) small piece
Cashew nuts 8-10
Chilly powder ½ teaspoon
Turmeric Powder ¼ teaspoon
Black pepper powder ¼ teaspoon
Garam Masala (Indian Spice Powder) ¼ teaspoon
Fennel Seeds (Saunf) ½ teaspoon
Cumin Seeds ¼ teaspoon
Chopped coriander 1 teaspoon
Fresh cream 1 teaspoon
Sugar ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Butter 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice ¼ teaspoon
1. Grind together cashew nuts and tomatoes in a smooth paste
2. In a pan, heat butter on low flame. Add Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Cinnamon and finely chopped onion.
3. Sauté on low flame till onion is translucent.
4. Add Turmeric Powder, Chilly powder, black pepper powder and Garam Masala and mix well
5. Add Tomato puree and cook covered for 7-8 minutes. Add water if required
6. Peel, de-seed and chop Apple in medium size pieces
7. Add Apple pieces to the gravy
8. Add salt, sugar and lemon juice. Mix and cook covered for a few minutes till apple pieces are little soft. Do not over cook.
9. Add chopped coriander and fresh cream. Mix.
10. Serve this tasty curry with Roti , Parantha (Indian Bread) or rice.