Kelyachi Dashami / Banana Paratha (Sweet Roti made using Ripe Banana)
Dashami is a sweet Roti (Indian Bread). When I posted Mangalore Buns recipe, one of my friends commented that she makes Banana Paratha using ripe Banana. She had also shared the recipe of it. I thought of tweaking the recipe a bit to make Dashami using Ripe Bananas. I added crushed jaggery and cinnamon powder while binding the dough and made Dashami like 4 fold roti. That makes Dashami soft and layered. This Dashami has mild sweet taste and nice aroma of banana. This can be a quick breakfast option.
Ingredients (makes 7-8 Dashami)
Ripe Banana 2 medium size
Crushed Jaggery / Powder 1 tablespoon
Wheat Flour About 1 cup
Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini) ¼ teaspoon
Cardamom Powder (Eliachy) ¼ teaspoon
Oil / Ghee (clarified butter) ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Honey 1 tablespoon
Ghee (Clarified Butter) while rolling Dashami and for roasting
1. In a plate, take peeled bananas and mash them using a fork.
2. Add 1 cup wheat flour, honey, jaggery, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and salt.
3. Bind a dough of medium consistency.
4. Add ½ teaspoon oil / Ghee and knead the dough.
5. If dough is very soft, add some more wheat flour. If you want Dashami to be more sweet, increase the quantity of Jaggery. If you add more honey, dough will become more soft and you will have to add more wheat flour.
6. Take a big lemon size dough ball. And roll a round Puri (small circular shape about 3 inch diameter).
7. Apply ghee, sprinkle wheat flour and fold it 4 times to make a small square.
8. Roll the square into a thick roti.
9. Roast it in hot Griddle on medium flame on both sides. Apply a few drops on ghee on both sides while roasting.
10. Delicious and Nutritious Kelyachi Dashami is ready. Serve hot with home made Ghee and Honey.