Instant Nachani/Ragi Dosa (Instant Finger Millet Savory Pan Cake) (NO Fermentation required)
As we all know Nachani (Ragi / Finger Millet) is very nutritious; it has lots of minerals (Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium) that are required for good health.
This is a recipe of Nachani Dosa using Nachani flour that is easily available in the market. It requires NO Fermentation. You need to rest the batter for just 30 minutes. This can be an easy and healthy breakfast or snack dish.
Nachani Flour 1 cup
Curd ¼ cup
Fresh scraped coconut / desiccated coconut 1/3 cup
Salt to taste
Oil/Butter/Ghee (Clarified Butter) while roasting Dosa
1. In a bowl, mix coconut and Nachani flour. Add curd and salt. Mix well. Add water to prepare a watery batter like Rawa Dosa batter.
2. Keep this batter covered for 30 minutes.
3. Heat non stick flat Griddle. Pour the batter with a help of a ladle in a circular shape. Cook covered for 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
4. Sprinkle some oil/butter/ghee on top. Flip and cook the other side.
5. On the side of the top you will see nice mesh (jaali). Cook the other side. You will see light brown dots on this side.
6. Serve hot Nachani dosa with any chutney or sambar (south Indian curry) or white butter. It tastes nice as it is without any accompaniment.
Note: You can add chopped onions, chillies, ginger to the batter if you want spicy dosas.