Nachani Aambil (Healthy Summer Drink using Ragi / Finger Millet)
Nachani (Ragi / Finger Millet) is very nutritious. This is an easy recipe of a nutritious summer drink using Nachani. It only requires ingredients that are generally available in your kitchen. Try this out. It’s very tasty.
Nachani Flour (Ragi / Finger Millet Flour) ¼ cup
Green Chilly 1
Garlic Cloves 2
Buttermilk as required
Salt / Rock Salt to taste
1. Add ¼ cup water to Nachani Flour and make a smooth paste.
2. Heat about ½ ltr water in a pan.
3. Crush green chilly and garlic. Add to the water. Add Salt.
4. When water starts boiling, add Nachani Paste to the pan and cook on low flame stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
5. Cook the flour. It will take 7-8 minutes to cook it.
6. Switch off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool.
7. Upon cooling keep it in refrigerator for chilling.
8. While serving add Nachani mixture and buttermilk in a glass. Mix it. Garnish with fresh coriander or roasted cumin powder. Serve chilled.
9. You can have this healthy drink anytime you want.
1. You can skip Garlic if you don’t like. Add roasted cumin powder instead.