Roasted Sweet Corn Tomato Soup
Roasted Tomato soup and Sweet Corn Soup are very common. This is a combination of both. Roasted sweet corn and Roasted Tomatoes gives an awesome taste and texture to this soup. It it creamy without using any cream or corn flour. It uses ingredients that are generally available in kitchen. Try this out. I’m sure you will love it.
Ingredients (for 6 people)
Sweet Corn Kernels 2 cups
Small Tomatoes 8
Garlic Cloves 3-4
Medium size Onion 1
Oil/ghee/ Clarified Butter 1 teaspoon
Black salt / normal salt to taste
Black Pepper 10-12
Sugar if required
1. Wash sweet corn and tomatoes and spread on an aluminum foil in a baking tray. Sprinkle some black salt / normal salt, crushed black pepper and ½ teaspoon of oil/ghee. Bake it for 20-25 minutes on 200 degrees Celsius. Stop baking when skin of tomatoes starts breaking. Leave the mixture to come to room temperature.
2. Peel tomatoes and make big pieces.
3. Peel and Chop onion. Peel garlic and chop in medium size pieces.
4. In a pan, heat ½ teaspoon of oil/ghee. Add garlic pieces. When Garlic turns light brown, add chopped onion. Sauté till onion is soft.
5. Keep ½ cup roasted corn aside for garnishing. Add remaining roasted sweet corn and tomatoes. Add the juice from baking tray as well.
6. Add Black salt/ normal salt, black pepper as per your taste. If tomatoes are sour, you may need to add some sugar.
7. Add 2 cups of water and boil the mixture on medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Let the mixture cool.
9. Blend the mixture into thick puree. Transfer it back to the pan and add water to adjust consistency. This is a thick soup. Bring it to boil and soup is ready.
10. Garnish with roasted sweet corn that you have kept aside and serve the soup hot.
11. Sweet corn gives a creamy taste to this soup. Enjoy this creamy, healthy and delicious soup.
1. If you are using big tomatoes, then cut them into 4 / 6 pieces before roasting.
2. If you like, you can add 1 Bay leaf while baking tomatoes and sweet corn. Throw it away when you blend the mixture together.