Shengdana Chutney (Peanut Chutney)
Shengdana Chutney from Sholapur is very famous. This one is very similar to that chutney with my variation. Extremely easy to make and makes very tasty chutney.
Raw Peanuts 1 cup
Red chillies 7-8
Garlic cloves 5-6
Salt to taste
Powdered sugar a pinch (optional)
Amchoor (Mango Powder) ¼ teaspoon
1. Dry roast peanuts till light brown and remove shell
2. Dry roast red chillies till crisp and leave them to cool
3. In a grinder, grind red chillies first to make a coarse powder.
4. Add Peanuts, salt and grind together into a powder. Use grinder in Pulse mode for a few seconds at a time and keep repeating the process till you get required texture. If you grind for long, chutney will become oily.
5. Add Garlic, amchoor and sugar and grind for a few seconds.
6. Chutney is ready. Serve it with any Chilla, Ghavan, Bhakri or roti.
This chutney will last for a month without refrigeration.
Note: Add a few Kashmiri chillies to get nice red colour chutney. You can also use a combination of Kashmiri chillies and red chilly powder if you want. Add Red chilly powder along with other ingredients mentioned in step 5 in the grinder.
For best texture of the chutney, use mortar and pestle for grinding. I generally use this method. The nice coarse texture that you see in the photo is because of that.